The name of the organization is - Beltrami County Lakes and Rivers Association (BCLARA).
1. The organization shall be a non-stock, not for profit organization pursuant to the Minnesota Nonprofit Corporation Act (Chapter 317A).
2. This corporation is organized exclusively for scientific and educational purposes, to protect, maintain, and enhance environmental, economic, recreational, fishing, and wildlife interests pertaining to the lakes and rivers of Beltrami County.
1. The members of this coalition are non-profit lake, river, and watershed organizations whose waters lie within or partly within Beltrami County. Organizations are eligible for membership if they share the purposes of the Beltrami County Lakes and Rivers Association as defined in Article II of the Articles of Incorporation.
2. Membership will be acquired and maintained by the appointment of a representative empowered to vote on all matters on behalf of his/her organization and the timely payment of annual dues.
3. Individuals not representing an organized lake, river, or watershed association may join the coalition. These members shall be known as associate members. An associate member may attend all meetings and enter into all discussions at meetings, will receive all correspondence sent by BCLARA to regular members, but will not have voting rights.
4. The meetings of the coalition will be open to all interested guests. Guests will not have voting rights.
1. Member organizations and associate members shall pay annual dues to BCLARA on a date to be determined annually by the Board of Directors.
2. Annual dues for member organizations and associate members will be set each year at an amount to be determined by the Board of Directors on the recommendations of the Finance Committee at the annual meeting prior to the start of the fiscal year.
1. The Board of Directors will be composed of:
2. Term of Office.
1. The officers shall be elected from the Board of Directors and shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
2. The officers shall be elected to two-year terms. The President and Secretary shall be elected in odd number years and the Vice President and Treasurer in even numbered years.
3. Vacancies occurring between regular elections in any elections in any association office except that of the presidency shall be filled by the Board of Directors from among candidates recommended by the nominating committee. If the Presidency becomes vacant, the Vice-President will complete the term of office.
4. Duties of Officers.
1. Executive Committee.
3. Finance/Audit Committee.
4. Temporary Committees/Task Forces (Ad Hoc).
1. A single slate of officers for those to be elected each year shall be prepared by the Nominating Committee. Any member of the BCLARA may make nominations from the floor.
1. Board of Directors: A quorum of the Board of Directors shall be 30% of the membership.
2. The Executive Committee: A quorum for the Executive Committee shall be a simple majority.
3. Committees and Task Forces: A quorum for committees and task forces shall be a simple majority.
The administrative and fiscal year shall be September 1st to August 31st.
1. The Board of Directors shall meet quarterly.
2. The annual meeting of the BCLARA will be held in the fourth quarter and shall be deemed to be the last quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors.
3. The Board of Directors shall designate the time and place of the annual meeting.
4. The Board of Directors may call additional meetings with seven (7) days notice to all members of the Board.
5. The Executive Committee shall meet on call.
Robert's Rules of Order shall be used to govern parliamentary procedures in all meetings.
The bylaws may be amended at the annual meeting as follows:
1. The wording of the proposed amendment shall be mailed to each member of the board at least seven (7) days prior to the date of the annual meeting at which the action on the proposed amendment(s) is to be taken.
2. A two-thirds (2/3) majority of the membership of the board who are present at the meeting shall be necessary to approve an amendment to these bylaws.
The BCLARA shall not afford pecuniary gain or profit, incidentally or otherwise, to its members. No part of the net earnings of BCLARA shall benefit or be distributed to its members except that the membership shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered.
1. This association may hold memberships in various regional, state and/or national organizations.
2. Funds to finance such memberships shall be included in the general budget.
1. No member or director of this corporation shall be personally liable for the debts or obligations of this corporation of any nature whatsoever, nor shall any of the property of the members or directors be subject to the payment of the debts or obligations of this corporation.
2. Neither the corporation nor the directors of the corporation shall be liable for loss or damage suffered on account of any action taken by a corporation member acting in good faith.
3. BCLARA will have the power to indemnify any director, officer, or employee from any suit, damage, claim, judgment, or liability arising out of, or asserted to arise out of, conduct of such person in his or her role in the organization, except in cases of willful misconduct. The corporation will have the power to purchase or procure insurance for such purposes.
In the event that the BCLARA is dissolved, after paying or making provisions for the pament of all debts, obligations, liabilities, costs, and expenses of the corporation, the assets of the BCLARA shall be distributed by the Board of Directors to legally qualified non-profits defined under the law.
BCLARA serves to coordinate the efforts of all lake, river, and watershed associations in Beltrami County, MN, related to shoreline preservation and restoration, water quality, prevention of aquatic invasive species (AIS), and sustainable uses and development for bodies of water in the county, including: Ahlin, Alaska, Alice, Anderson, Andrusia, Ankeewinsee, Bagley, Bailey, Bakkum, Balif, Balm, Barr, Bass, Baumgartner, Beltrami, Bemidji, Big, Big Bass, Big Rice, Black, Blackduck, Blake, Bog, Boot, Bootleg, Borden, Boston, Braas, Britten, Buck, Bullhead, Burns, Button, Buzzle, Campbell, Carter, Cass, Chain, Cinaman, Clearwater, Cranberry, Crandall, Crane, Crooked, Crookston, Damon, Dark, Deer, Dellwater, Des Moines, Dickens, Dunbar, Dutchman, Emerald, Erick, Erickson, Ess, Fahul, Fairbanks, Fassland, Fawn, Fern, Fessland, Fields, Flenner, Flora, Fox, Frisby, Funk, Funkley, George, Gibibwisher, Gilstad, Gimmer, Glenn, Grace, Graning, Grant, Grass, Grenn, Gull, Gun, Gunner, Gwinn, Hagali, Haggerty, Hanson, Harley, Head, Henson, Holland, Horseshoe, Irving, Island, Iverson, Jackson, Jaurkishi, Johnson, Julia, Kinney, Kitchi, Lamons, Larson, Laxon, Lindgren, Little Bass, Little Boot, Little Buzzle, Little Gilstad, Little Gnat, Little Moose, Little Puposky, Little Rice, Little Sandy, Little Turtle, Long (east), Long (west), Long Slough, Loon, Lost, Lower Red, Manomin, Marcus, Marquette, McCall, McCoy, Meadow, Medicine, Miller, Mina, Miss, Mollison, Moose, Movil, Muskrat, Myrtle, Nebish, Norman, North Twin, Ose, Parks, Perch, Peterson, Pimushe, Pine Island, Plantagenet, Pony, Pony, Popple, Pug Hole, Puposky, Rabideau, Range Line, Rice, Rice Pond, Round, Rush, Sandy, School, Shell, Shemahgun, Silver, Smith, Smyth, South Twin, Steins, Stocking, Stone, Stoner, Strand, Stray Horse, Stump, Sumac, Swamp, Swenson, Sylvia, Ten, Tenmile, Tepee, Three Island, Thunders, Turtle, Turtle River, Twin, Upper Lindgren, Upper Red, Webster, Wending, Wheelock, Whitefish, Williams, and Wolf.